CIC Social Media Badges
We realize that passing your CIC® certification examination is a tremendous accomplishment and we want to give you a way to show it off! For this reason, CBIC has created CIC® Badges that allow CICs to display their credential on social media. Whether you are on Facebook or LinkedIn, email us at email@example.com to display your badge proudly!
How to add your certification to LinkedIn
- Log-in to your LinkedIn account at http://www.linkedin.com
- Go to your profile by clicking on the thumbnail of your profile picture in the upper right-hand corner of the home screen
- Directly under the box containing your contact information you will see a section that says: “Add a section to your profile.” If you do not see “Certification” under here, click view more and then click “Certification.”
- A form will pop up. Add the following information to the fields:
- Certification Name: Certified in Infection Control
- Certification Authority: CBIC
- License Number: Your certificate number can be found in the initial email sent to you when applying for the certification test.
- Certification URL: http://cbic.execinc.com/edibo/PublicDirectory
- Dates: date will appear in your certification letter, or you can use the link above to verify both the dates and your certificate number.
- Uncheck the box that says “Certification does not expire” and fill in December of the fifth year of your certification. Example: if you certified in May of 2015, your certification expires in December of 2020.
- Click “Save” and you have added your certification!
How to add your badge to Facebook
One way CICs can use the CIC® Badge is to use it as a profile picture. Alternatively, you could post the Badge to your page as a Life Event. If you are interested in displaying a Badge on Facebook, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a Badge along with instructions on ways to show your certification on Facebook.
If you have any questions regarding how to display your credentials on social media, please email us at email@example.com.