At this time, CBIC only offers on-demand webinars for the 8 core competencies of the examination and the online practice exam. Both materials can be purchased using the links below.
Other materials that may have the CBIC name or acronym on them, but are not sold on the CBIC website, are not produced by CBIC. If you would like to verify whether or not a resource is produced by CBIC please email us at email@example.com. However, please note that CBIC neither recommends nor endorses any study materials for the CIC® examination. The purchase and review of the on-demand webinars or online practice exam do not guarantee success on the examination.
Exam Prep Webinars
Online Practice Exam
Learn from fellow candidates preparing for the examination by participating in a virtual study group! Below is a list of available study groups.
- Florida HAI CIC® Study Group: To provide access to infection control education and promote certification amongst health care personnel, and public health staff to prevent HAIs from occurring among the residents and visitors who enter health care facilities in Florida.
- Puget Sound APIC 062-Washington State Department of Health: An hour-long, weekly webinar that reviews sample CIC study questions and discusses the rationale for the answers. Feel free to join every week or every so often, no big commitments, just the assistance you need to be successful in obtaining your CIC. This webinar series is provided at no cost.
- Colorado Hospital Association CIC Virtual Study Group: CHA is pleased to offer a free, 12-session virtual study group for those interested in taking (or just learning about) certification in infection control (CIC).
- Kern Rivers APIC Chapter: Posts CIC® preparatory videos to YouTube, dividing the APIC Study Guide, 6th Edition into different topics.
- CIC® Academy WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/2hxImEYhgp02VKiPSaKsEX
- Meets every day from 1:00-2:00 PM, EDT via WhatsApp, utilizing APIC Study Guide, 6th Edition, and other resources.
- The goal is to raise Infection Preventionist's knowledge and promote CIC® certification by motivating and preparing members for certification, hosting a daily discussion of CIC® questions by certified members, celebrating the successes of those recently certified, and much more. View more information about the group here.
- Admin contact via WhatsApp message: +966564989595 – Mr. Maher
- Contact Group Admin if you receive an error message that the group is full.
- Washington State Hospital Association IP Mentoring Program: This webinar series is designed to focus on new or inexperienced IPs, but everyone is invited to attend the webinars. Special guests and experts from across the Northwest will speak on a variety of subjects, from TAP reports to how to deal with stress.
You can also start your own virtual study group. Find out more information about the tools and resources you will need to get your own study group set up.
Know of other study groups in your area? Send us the information to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can help spread the word!