Preparing for your examination takes time and practice. We want you to be as prepared as possible for your big day. In addition to the below materials for purchase, we offer a number of other resources, including suggestions on how to prepare for your examination, how to discuss taking the examination with your supervisor or employer, and of course, the Candidate Handbook.
Navigate the left side menu to view all of the resources available.
Exam Prep Webinars and Online Practice Exam
At this time, CBIC only offers on-demand webinars for the 8 core competencies of the examination and the online practice exam. Both materials can be purchased below. Other materials that may have the CBIC name or acronym on them, but are not sold on the CBIC website, are not produced by CBIC. If you would like to verify whether or not a resource is produced by CBIC please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, please note that CBIC neither recommends nor endorses any study materials for the CIC® examination. The purchase and review of the on-demand webinars or online practice exam do not guarantee success on the examination.
Learn from fellow candidates preparing for the examination by participating in a virtual study group! The below is a list of known groups.
- Florida HAI CIC® Study Group: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8755199279138447107
- Meets every Friday from 2:00-3:00 PM, EDT via GoToWebinar, utilizing the Certification in Infection Prevention and Control Study Plan & Workbook
- Puget Sound APIC 062-Washington State Department of Health. Please register for CIC® Study Group on Apr 10, 2019 12:00 PM PDT at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/684287808355981082
- Hosts a CIC® study group webinar every Wednesday from 12:00-1:00 PM, PST
- Kern Rivers APIC Chapter
- CIC® Academy WhatsApp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/2hxImEYhgp02VKiPSaKsEX
- Meets every day from 1:00-2:00 PM, EDT via WhatsApp, utilizing APIC Study Guide, 6th Edition, and other resources.
- The goal is to raise Infection Preventionist's knowledge and promote CIC® certification by motivating and preparing members for certification, hosting a daily discussion of CIC® questions by certified members, celebrating the successes of those recently certified, and much more. View more information about the group here.
- Admin contact #00966564989595 – Mr. Maher
- Contact Group Admin if you receive an error message that the group is full.
You can also start your own virtual study group. Find out more information about the tools and resources you will need to get your own study group set up.
Know of other study groups in your area? Send us the information to email@example.com so we can help spread the word!
One Health Conference, September 6-7, 2019
An annual conference hosted by Harris County Public Health (HCPH). This year, one of the pillars of the conference focuses on infection prevention & control due to the residual impact of Hurricane Harvey. At the conference, CIC® scholarship opportunities that will cover the cost of the examination will be offered.
For more information, visit the One Health Conference website.
The Competency Advancement Assistance (CAA) program
Designed to provide monetary assistance to infection preventionists who are APIC members and interested in taking the CIC® exam. Award recipients will receive either funding for resources to prepare for the examination or reimbursement for the examination cost if they pass.
The 2019 – 2020 CAA Program application period is June 1 – August 31, 2019. Accepted applicants will be notified in October. For more information, and for the application, visit the APIC website.