Certification Application requirements summary.
- Be accountable for the infection prevention and control activities/program in your setting and this is reflected in the current job description.
- Have a post-secondary degree from an accredited institution.
- Have a three-year Diploma RN degree (applicable through December 31, 2020 only)
- Have had sufficient experience (recommended: two years) in infection prevention and control which includes all three (3) of the following:
- Identification of infectious disease processes
- Surveillance and epidemiologic investigation
- Preventing and controlling the transmission of infectious agents
And at least two (2) of the remaining five (5) components:
- Employee/occupational health
- Management and communication
- Education and research
- Environment of care
- Cleaning, sterilization, disinfection, and asepsis
* Equivalent to Canadian two- or three-year diploma from an accredited academic facility
Cost of Exam:
- Certification: $375.00
- Recertification: $375.00
What is required to apply:
- Attestation Statement (completed, signed and dated by supervisor)
- Proof of Degree
- Official Job Description