1. What made you want to pursue a career in infection prevention and control?
On my very first day of a job stalking opportunity to infection control dept I was introduced to the field of Infection Prevention and Control. I immediately felt a rush of excitement and knew that Infection Control would be my career path. I find that Infection prevention interventions are vital to patient and Employee safety in Health care settings.
2. What does being a-IPCTM mean to you?
It demonstrates my commitment and knowledge of fundamentals of infection prevention, and it is a commitment to continue to strive for the excellence and to apply my knowledge in the field of IPC. Being certified as an aIPC truly motivates me to pursue the field of Infection prevention and going forward the next step being a Certified Infection control (CIC) in 2022.
3. What was the best studying method for you when preparing for the examination?
Regularly reading up in APIC text in Infection Control and Epidemiology, APIC certification study guide ,6th edition, APIC text online, CDC Infection Control guidelines, whatup group discussions/Mentoring guidance from senior infection control practioners in UAE etc.
4. How has gaining the a-IPCTM credential impacted your career development?
Being an a-IPCTM gave me credibility in my work with my colleagues and accomplishing CIC® is my dream for the upcoming year.
5. Do you intend on pursing your CIC® credential? If so, why is becoming certified important to you?
Anticipated patient outcomes is not attained without good Infection control practices and mastery is essential for the extra knowledge and skills in the field of Infection prevention, more over CIC® is a commitment to the professionals working in the discipline of Infection prevention .