1. Why did you choose a career in infection prevention and control?
To be part of the patient safety, implement the best evidence base practices of infection prevention in my healthcare organization
2. How did you first hear about the CIC®?
3. As an international candidate, what types of hurdles, if any, did you have to overcome to take the CIC® exam?
It was difficult to find the best study materials to start with, there was very few recognized organizations that arrange for preparatory courses for CIC, but I got the CIC through intensive study for APIC text books.
4. If you have recertified, why do you stay certified?
5. What advice would you give someone like you interested in taking the CIC®?
CIC credential identifies healthcare professionals and demonstrate that we are knowledge about infection prevention.
6. What resources did you find useful?
APIC text books
7. How do you stay informed with the latest industry news?
I am member in CBIC, APIC, I am member in our Local chapter
8. Finally, what does it mean to you to be a CIC®?
It shows a commitment to best practices in infection prevention and control and improved patient care and shows our employer and colleagues that I am committed to my professional growth.