1. Why did you choose a career in infection prevention and control?
I choose my career in Infection Prevention. Infection prevention and control effects all aspects of health care, including hand hygiene, surgical site infections, injection safety, antimicrobial resistance and without effective IPC it is impossible to achieve quality health care delivery
2. What advice would you give someone who is interested in an infection prevention and control career?
I advise to all my fellow colleagues to stay up to date with new guidelines. Prepare yourself for the exam before applying and study hard and you will achieve it.
3. What does being a CIC® mean to you?
Obtaining CIC makes me more confident in IPC field and it is a legacy which one can obtain by gaining CIC certification and upgrade the skills in Infection prevention, I have gained a lot by studying APIC
4. What was the best studying method for you when preparing for the initial certification examination?
My reference for the exams - APIC, CDC and WHO Guidelines
5. How has the CIC® helped you grow professionally and in your career?
CIC has provided me more confidence, experience and motivated me to continue in IPC career and enhanced my knowledge and skills.