1. Why did you choose a career in infection prevention and control?
I chose a career in infection prevention and control by choice. Switching from nursing at
the beginning was a big challenge for me, but I never give up.
2. What advice would you give someone who is interested in an infection prevention and control career?
My advice for them, working in infection prevention & control is not easy, so make a firm decision and then make regular study to become a professional infection preventionist.
3. What does being a CIC® mean to you?
CIC Credential is a symbol of pride, it's the commitment towards patients, their families and colleagues safety.
4. What was the best studying method for you when preparing for the initial certification examination?
Mostly I prepared for the initial certification examination doing self-study, get help from CIC study group and also from professional circle.
5. What advice would you give someone pursuing certification?
My advice to novice in the IPC field to work hard, get enroll at a-ipc and being prepared for CIC.
6. How do you stay up-to-date on infection prevention and control practices?
I am participating and attending seminar, symposium and short courses related to nfection prevention and control field, also I am studding from APIC, CDC and GCC IPC manual and so on. Also currently I am the preceptor of two newly joined ICP.
7. Are you part of an APIC or IPAC Canada chapter? If so, would you recommend it to others?
Currently I am not member of APIC or IPAC Canada chapter, but I will join soon as a member.
8. How has the CIC® helped you grow professionally and in your career?
Being board certified now I can work with more pride and it boosted my career too. Also I am more privileged now after Certification.
9. Are there any CIC® stories that keep you up at night?
Definitely, the thirst to become CIC certified keep me up at night, especially a couple of months before my examination, as it was my professional goal to become CIC certified and it became my necessity to carry on this profession.