1. Why did you choose a career in infection prevention and control?
My primary profession is a hematology specialist - medical laboratories. In the year 2017 as part of my duties as a quality and infection control coordinator in the laboratory department, my passion for infection control began - and at the beginning of the covid -19 pandemic in 2019, my entire thought became focused on infection control. And I started to focus on infection prevention career when I decided to being a CIC .
2. What advice would you give someone who is interested in an infection prevention and control career?
I will advise him Before you take this step, you must be aware of the responsibility of this profession. Here we are fighting microorganisms, you must learn how to be influential. You must always be well informed about everything new and old in your field.
3. What does being a CIC® mean to you?
4. How has being a CIC® helped you navigate the current COVID-19 climate?
When you are a CIC certified person, you are someone who knows how to implement and follow the regulations, how to be a good surveyor, and how to make good plans. Therefore, the certificate helped us to control outbreaks that occur and break the cycle of transmission efficiently and quickly.
5. What was the best studying method for you when preparing for the initial certification examination?
Plan with compliance of reading one chapter of APIC BOOK per week, Retrieval practice study method,practice tests and the most important points studying and discussion with qualified colleagues.
6. What advice would you give someone pursuing certification?
The certificate opens you up to great global employment opportunities with self-confidence and a good educational background so go ahead.
7. How do you stay up-to-date on infection prevention and control practices?
Through active participation in national and international relevant regulatory bodies.
8. How has the CIC® helped you grow professionally and in your career?
In practice, the APIC book is considered the scientific and professional source in the field of infection control. Any challenge I encounter in my daily practice, the primary reference for me in solving the scientific challenge is the APIC text book. Also, the method of thinking after APIC book study helped me a lot in solving many problems that require critical thinking with experience a