1. Why did you choose a career in infection prevention and control?
After graduating from the college of Oral Medicine and Surgery, my passion for reading in the field of infection control, had begun cause my college gave me great favor as, Infection control was one of the curricula that we taught at that time in college. After graduation, and when I began practicing the profession as a dentist, I found that I had a passion for more reading in this field and how to ideally Sterilize instruments to protect myself, my nursing colleagues, and my patients. So, I started studying the accredited professional diploma in infection prevention and control, and then this passion increased greatly when I discovered how beautiful and humane work in this field is, and its importance, as it is a sea of knowledge that does not end and is always renewed.
2. What advice would you give someone who is interested in an infection prevention and control career?
The best profession that can be practiced with love and passion in era is that passion that overcomes its difficulties and misery.
3. What does being a CIC® mean to you?
It is a great blessing and success from God to obtain this certificate. I did not discover the extent of its respect and
appreciation until after I succeeded in the field because of being CIC certified.
4. How has being a CIC® helped you navigate the current COVID-19 climate?
The CIC certificate was the scientific support and reference in confronting the challenges in this difficult period of the
Covid 19 epidemic. It was a great responsibility, weaponized by science, in protecting yourself, your family, and your work
environment from any outbreak of infection.
5. What was the best studying method for you when preparing for the initial certification examination?
Reading Questions from CIC study guide book, then studying the question rational from APIC text book , studying within a group .
6. What advice would you give someone pursuing certification?
The best certificate in infection control ,You won't regret it.
7. How do you stay up-to-date on infection prevention and control practices?
Continuous medical education and training via attending any activities about updated guidelines nationally or international
or even reading and reviewing updates from APIC, CDC, WHO.
9. How has the CIC® helped you grow professionally and in your career
Any challenge I encounter in my daily practice, the primary reference for me in solving the scientific challenge is the APIC
text book. Also, the method of thinking and the answers to the questions that I passed in the test helped me a lot in solving many problems that require critical thinking with experience and in a scientific method.