1. Why did you choose a career in infection prevention and control?
I began my career in Infection Control in 2003, When it is first added to my country Health system Program, I think Infection Control is compatible with my personality and background as a Preventive Medicine Practitioner.
2. What advice would you give someone who is interested in an infection prevention and control career?
Go on, and join this fantastic community.
3. What does being a CIC® mean to you?
Actually, it means a lot despite of the fact that it is not my first degree in Infection Control, I had two certificates before, but I considered it the most powerful.
4. What was the best studying method for you when preparing for the initial certification examination?
After reviewing the APIC text, I join a study force group and practice answering questions.
5. What advice would you give someone pursuing certification?
It is time, don't be late and never give up.
6. How do you stay up-to-date on infection prevention and control practices?
Following many Infection Control websites APIC, SHEA, AJIC, CDC, and WHO webinars.
7. Are you part of an APIC or IPAC Canada chapter? If so, would you recommend it to others?
I am a member in APIC since 2010, and an Active member in Egypt Chapter, being a member of an Infection Control active community is so important to your career.
8. How has the CIC® helped you grow professionally and in your career?
CIC is a corner stone in my career journey, It opens new opportunities allover the world.