1. Why did you choose a career in infection prevention and control?
I chose a career in infection prevention and control because as a passionate infection control nurse, I believe in the importance of safeguarding patients well-being by implementing necessary measures to prevent the spread of infection and promote a safe healthcare environment.
2. What advice would you give someone who is interested in an infection prevention and control career?
Stay updated with current guidelines, research, and emerging trends in infection prevention. Attend conferences, seminars and webinars to expand your knowledge, share the knowledge with peer group and network with professional in the field.
3. What does being a CIC® mean to you?
Being a CIC® means that I am committed to upholding the highest standards of infection prevention practices and ensuring the safety of patients, healthcare workers, and the community as whole. I am equipped with the necessary knowledge and tools to analyse infection risks, develop effective strategies, and implement evidence-based best practices to mitigate the spread of infections.
4. How has being a CIC® helped you navigate the current COVID-19 climate?
During covid pandemic it increase the demand of infection control practices, I started to gain more knowledge regarding the infection prevention and start career in infection control.
5. What was the best studying method for you when preparing for the initial certification examination?
APIC Text book was my primary study material and the IPQ Academy study group were I learn how to prepare for the exam and the group discussions make more strong to exclude the wrong answers.
6. What advice would you give someone pursuing certification?
Study and prepare. Take the time to thoroughly study the content areas covered by the CBIC. Participate in study group discussions and engage in continuing education.
7. How do you stay up-to-date on infection prevention and control practices?
Staying up to date requires active efforts and continuous learning. Utilize online resources, network with other infection prevention professionals, participate in quality improvement initiatives, attend conferences and seminars.
8. How has the CIC® helped you grow professionally and in your career?
Obtaining CIC® certification demonstrate my commitment to infection prevention and control. It provides a recognized mark of expertise and professionalism in the field, enhancing my credibility among colleagues, employers and patients. The CIC certification can open new doors and increase chance of career advancement.