Step by step instructions to verify certification:
online, via email or over the phone
CIC® Verification via Online
- Most current CICs are listed on the CBIC website.
- On the main page, towards the top left side, find the “About Us” tab. Hover over this tab. A drop down box will appear. Near the bottom of the dropdown menu, locate the “Find a CIC®” option and click on the words, or click here.
- This pulls up the primary CIC® Verification page. Here users can search the CIC® database in three ways:
- Browse: Allows users to see all of the CIC® certificants at a glance, sorted by name.
- Quick Search: Allows users to search by first or last name.
- Geographic Search: Allows users to search by city, state/province and/or country.
** Please be advised that certificants may choose to be excluded from the online directory. If a certificant states that they are certified but you are unable to find them on the directory, please contact CBIC office via email or phone to verify certification.
CIC® Verification via Email
- Please send a detailed email to email@example.com that contains the following information:
- Certificant’s full name; correct spelling of first and last name.
- Certification number (if applicable).
- Please be sure that the name is correctly spelled and/or you have the correct certification number. The CBIC office usually responds to emails within 24 hours during normal business hours, which are Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm CST.
CIC® Verification via Phone
- Please call our office at (414) 918-9796.
- Please have either the candidate’s certification number and or the full and correct spelling of their name. If you need more than verbal confirmation, please let us know and we will be more than happy to send an email with an attached verification of certification letter.