Webinar: How to Apply for the Initial Certification Exam. In this webinar, CBIC staff takes you through, step-by-step, the process for applying for the initial certification examination.
- CBIC Social Media Liaison Crystal Heishman, MSN, RN, ONC, CIC shines a light on CBIC and Social Media here.
- CBIC Consumer Director and former HONOReform Executive Director Steve Langan describes HONOReform and other Partner Organizations of CBIC here.
- CBIC Director Chris Zirges, RN, ACNS-BS, CIC illustrates the process of translating the initial CIC® examination into Canadian French here.
- CBIC Executive Director Anne Krolikowski, CAE and Senior Program Manager Pamela Ronnei explain how to schedule the initial certification examination here.
- CBIC Executive Director Anne Krolikowski, CAE and Senior Program Manager Pamela Ronnei clarify the differences between the initial certification examination and the recertification examination here.
- CBIC Director Roy Boukidjian, MSN, PHN, CIC, NE_BC demonstrates the importance of being certified by an NCCA accredited program here.
- CBIC Director Karen Anderson, MT, MPH, CIC explains the CIC® exam Core Competencies and why CBIC does not offer two levels of certification here.
- CBIC Director and Marketing Committee Chair Bonnie Norrick, MT(ASCP), EdM, CIC explains the new SARE Only for Recertification Policy here.
- CBIC Director Joann Andrews, RN, MSN, CIC defines the new Eligibility Requirements beginning July 1, 2015 here.
- CBIC Director Chris Zirges, RN, ACNS-BS, CIC clarifies why CBIC requires a 90-day waiting period between exam attempts here.
- CBIC Secretary Linda Goss, MSN, APRN-ANP, CIC, COHN-S interviews Julia Leahy, PhD, Director of Psychometric Services at Prometric, regarding why CBIC offers retesting, rather than CEUs, for recertification here.
- CBIC Director Bonnie Norrick, MT(ASCP), EdM, CIC explains the importance and meaning of the CIC® credential here.
- Patti Grant RN, BSN, MS, CIC and APIC Past President shares her story of certification here.
CBIC staff takes you through, step-by-step, the process for applying for the initial certification examination in this webinar: How to Apply for the Initial Certification Exam.
CBIC Secretary Roy Boukidjian, MSN, PHN, CIC, NE-BC and Director Linda Goss, MSN, APRN-ANP, CIC, COHN-S presented a Webber Teleclass title "Demystifying the CIC® Certification Exam" on November 5, 2015.
CBIC Past President Craig Gilliam, BSMT, CIC and Director Lita Jo Henman, MPH, CIC presented a Webber Training Teleclass titled "CBIC Practice Analysis - What is it and Why is it Critical to the Test?" on November 6, 2014.
CBIC Past President Barbara Russell, RN, BSHA, MPH, CIC, and CBIC Directors B.Joann Andrews, RN, DNP, CIC and Lita Jo Henman, MPH, CIC discuss ways in which to prepare for the CIC® exam in this webinar, recorded in July 2013.
The Road to CIC® Certification-A Webber Training Teleclass by Dr. Ruth Carrico and Dr. Kathryn N. Suh, recorded on October 17, 2013. To listen, please click here.
- Would you like brochures on Certification to hand out at your Chapter meetings? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 918-9796 and we will be happy to send some to you. To take a look at the brochure, please click here.
At the APIC Conference on June 7-9, 2014 in Anaheim, California, the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc interviewed several CICs to get tips and tricks for taking the CIC® examination, as well as to find out what being certified in infection prevention and control means to them.