- CBIC Director Joann Andrews, RN, MSN, CIC explains the new Eligibility Requirements beginning July 1, 2015 here.
- CBIC Director Joann Andrews, RN, MSN, CIC explains why CBIC requires a 90-day waiting period between exam attempts here.
- CBIC Director Roy Boukidjian, RN, BSN, PHN, CIC interviews Julia Leahy, PhD, Director of Psychometric Services at Prometric, regarding why CBIC offers retesting, rather than CEUs, for recertification here.
- CBIC Director Christine Zirges, RN, ACNS-BS, CIC explains the CBIC 2014 examination eligibility criteria here.
- CBIC Director Bonnie Norrick, MT(ASCP), EdM, CIC explains the importance and meaning of the CIC credential here.
- Patti Grant RN, BSN, MS, CIC and APIC Past President shares her story of certification here.
- CBIC Executive Staff explain the procedure on how to schedule the CIC exam. Please click here to listen.
- CBIC Executive Staff explain the difference between the CBT and the SARE exams. Please click here to listen.
- CBIC Executive Staff explain the Passing Rate and Score of the CIC exam. Please click here to listen.
CBIC Past President Craig Gilliam, BSMT, CIC and Director Lita Jo Henman, MPH, CIC presented a Webber Training Teleclass titled "CBIC Practice Analysis - What is it and Why is it Critical to the Test?" on November 6, 2014. For audio recording and slides, search for the title here.
CBIC Past President Barbara Russell, RN, BSHA, MPH, CIC, and CBIC Directors B.Joann Andrews, RN, DNP, CIC and Lita Jo Henman, MPH, CIC discuss ways in which to prepare for the CIC exam in this webinar, recorded in July 2013.
The Road to CIC Certification-A Webber Training Teleclass by Dr. Ruth Carrico and Dr. Kathryn N. Suh, recorded on October 17, 2013. To listen, please click here.
- Would you like brochures on Certification to hand out at your Chapter meetings? Please contact us at email@example.com or call 414-918-9796 and we will be happy to send some to you. To take a look at the brochure, please click here.
At the APIC Conference on June 7-9, 2014 in Anaheim, California, the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc interviewed several CICs to get tips and tricks for taking the CIC examination, as well as to find out what being Certified in Infection Control means to them.
Last updated: May 20, 2015