Get the Facts!
Certification Application requirements summary.
- You are accountable for the infection prevention and control activities/program in your setting and this is reflected in your current job description.
- You have had sufficient experience (recommended: two years) in infection prevention and control which includes all three (3) of the following:
- Identification of infectious disease processes
- Surveillance and epidemiologic investigation
- Preventing and controlling the transmission of infectious agents
And at least two (2) of the remaining five (5) components:
- Employee/occupational health
- Management and communication
- Education and research
- Environment of care
- Cleaning, sterilization, disinfection, and asepsis
* Equivalent to Canadian two- or three-year diploma from an accredited academic facility
Cost of Exam:
- Certification: $350.00
- Recertification: $325.00
What is required to apply:
- Attestation Statement (completed, signed and dated by supervisor)
- Proof of Degree
- Official Job Description
Click here to apply for the exam